See the book's table of contents and read excerpts.
The Common Core Standards
This review first appeared in The 21st Century Principal blog. Harvey Silver talks about his best selling book, The Core Six: Strategies for the Classroom, outlining how capturing students' interests, using discussion and questioning techniques to extend their thinking and asking students to synthesize and transfer their learning.
Browse video program. He has conducted numerous workshops for school districts and state education departments throughout the United States. Find out more about Harvey Silver's work. Read More.
He has authored more than 20 books, curriculum guides, articles, and research studies covering a wide range of educational topics, including learning styles, multiple intelligences, reading instruction, and effective teaching practices. Common Core State Standards lesson plans professional learning communities teaching methods thinking skills. Subscribe to ASCD Express , our free e-mail newsletter, to have practical, actionable strategies and information delivered to your e-mail inbox twice a month.
ASCD respects intellectual property rights and adheres to the laws governing them.
- Killer History Too Hot to Handle: A Look at Historical Deviants, Perverts, and the Unusual Perversions of the Past and Present.
- Marzano Resources | Instructional Strategies.
- Core Component 1: Classroom Instruction.
- A Kiss to Build a Dream On.
- 50 Common Core Resources For Teachers.
- Common Core in Action Series?
Learn more about our permissions policy and submit your request online. Silver, R. Ideas from the Field.
- Liebe - Leben: Leben - Liebe (German Edition).
- Childrens Book Collection - Special Stories Edition.
- 8 Common Core Math Standards, Explained [+ Examples].
- Aboriginal people today and their struggle for survival!
- Art and Life in Modernist Prague: Karel Čapek and his Generation, 1911-1938 (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)!
- 7 Ways Common Core State Standards Will Change Your Classroom.
Subscribe Now. The Core Six include Reading for Meaning. Inductive Learning.
Circle of Knowledge. Themed Booklists Dozens of carefully selected booklists, for kids years old. Nonfiction for Kids Tips on finding great books, reading nonfiction and more. Skip to main content.
11 Tips on Teaching Common Core Critical Vocabulary
You are here Home. Teaching Reading. The Common Core Standards.
Overview of the Common Core Video: experts, teachers and children's book authors For teachers For librarians For parents English language learners Children with disabilities Assessment. Overview of the Common Core The Common Core State Standards CCSS are an effort by states to define a common core of knowledge and skills that students should develop in K—12 education so they will graduate from high school prepared for college or careers. Scholastic Common Core for Teachers Instructional programs, lesson plans, and booklists. HarperCollins Common Core Teaching resources aligned with quality fiction and nonfiction.
Assessment In the US Department of Education awarded two contracts to two different consortia to develop two sets of assessment systems for states to choose from as a part of their implementation of the CCSS.
New and Popular. Social Communication Growth Charts. Fluency Norms Chart Update. Get Widgets. Our Literacy Blogs. Shanahan on Literacy.
Complex Text for Beginning Readers Good Idea or Not? July 5, May 6, July 24, Get Widget. Tweets by ReadingRockets. Literacy Apps Find the best apps for building literacy skills.